Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Jets Notes: Pats Next, Kerley Hurt, Holmes Frustrated

1. The New York Jets are playing the New England Patriots this Thursday night at Foxboro. The Jets were major underdogs heading into this game but with injuries to Danny Amendola and Shane Vereen, it finally looks like the Patriots offense is vulnerable. The Jets defense only allowed 250 yards against the Buccaneers Sunday and their D-Line continually got after the QB. The key for the Jets is to get to Tom Brady early and often and contain Steven Ridley as they did Doug Martin, limiting Martin to only 65 yards.

2. No rookie quarterback has gone into Foxboro and beat the Patriots. Actually all rookie quarterbacks have lost by at least 14 points. Geno Smith will want to change that stat Thursday night as he hopes to get a victory and be 2-0 on the season. Look for Geno Smith to target Kellen Winslow early and often as Jeremy Kerley will likely miss the game with a concussion. Kerley passed both tests before and after the game was over on sunday but told trainers he felt dizzy during mondays practice.

3. Santonio Holmes played just 45 snaps and sat out 28 plays during the Jets 18-17 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. "I was frustrated for myself, and respecting the coaching staff and the decision that they made that I understood from the beginning, that I had to play a certain amount of plays because it was my first game back," Holmes said in a press conference on Wednesday. "I wanted to play more myself, but I had to understand what they had planned for me."

Holmes doesn't know if the Jets will give him increased playing time on a short week, but added his foot has felt fine and with all the therapy and treatment he was given this offseason look for Holmes to have a more impactful role in the offense especially with Kerley out.


By Sandy Ng, follow me on twitter @Dabest1128

No comments:

Post a Comment